Pints for Prostates Real Ale Adventure to England Scheduled for Aug. 3-13, 2017
BeerTrips.com Itinerary Features York, Cotswolds and London for Great British Beer Festival
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – BeerTrips.com has put together a special beer tour of England to benefit Pints for Prostates. The guided beer adventure will take place from Aug. 3-13, 2017.
The nine night trip features stops in York, the Cotswolds and London for the Great British Beer Festival. The trip includes beer tastings, escorted pub crawls, guided city walks, brewery tours, special beer and food pairing meals, and more.
BeerTrips.com is offering this special Pints for Prostates group tour to Europe to the public on a limited basis at $3,395 per person (+ air) based on double occupancy ($735 single room supplement). A preliminary trip itinerary and details on other BeerTrips.com tours are available at www.beertrips.com.
“This will be the seventh time we have teamed up with BeerTrips.com for a special Pints for Prostates trip. This is the first time we are offering beer travelers the chance to experience English ale and pub culture,” said Lyke. “The partnership between Pints for Prostates and BeerTrips.com has helped us raise funds and spread the word to men about the importance of regular prostate health screenings and early detection.”
“England offers classic ales and a new wave of craft brewers that make this trip a time of discovery for beer fans,” said Mike Saxton, founder of BeerTrips.com. “We offer small groups an intimate experience with the chance for insider tours of some of the most famous breweries in the world. If you love beer and love to travel, this trip gives you a chance to experience the unique beer culture of Great Britain.”
As part of the BeerTrips.com partnership, Pints for Prostates will raffle a trip for two for the special tour. For a $10 donation for a single ticket, $25 donation for three tickets or $50 for seven tickets, donors will be entered to win the trip that includes:
- The BeerTrips.com trip for two Aug. 3-13, 2017
• Roundtrip Airfare for Two from the Continental United States
• Nine Nights in Fine Centrally Located Hotels
• Brewery Tours
• Escorted Pub Crawls
• Guided City Tours
• Breakfasts Daily/4 Beer Dinners and 3 Beer Lunches
• Train and Private Coach Transportation
The total value of the trip for two is estimated at $9,200. The drawing will be held on June 11, 2017. The prize is non-transferable. No cash substitute will be offered. The winner and their guest are responsible for obtaining passports and all trip related costs not outlined above. You must be 21 years old to enter.
Beer Trips.com was founded in 1998 to offer serious beer people the opportunity to travel to the world’s best beer destinations with other people who love great beer. Beer and travel, travel and beer — these are two of our favorite things. Both, in our estimation, are worth a fair amount of life’s energy. Our goal, and our very reason for existing, is to take our travelers the best beer destinations, drink, taste and enjoy the best beers, meet the beer-loving people of the countries we visit, and explore the history, culture, art and architecture of the interesting places where beer “grew up”. To do this we stay in nice, well-located hotels, eat at great restaurants that emphasize beer in their fare, and visit breweries, brew pubs, cafes, and museums that enhance our understanding and appreciation of beer and its rich history and culture.
About Pints for Prostates
Pints for Prostates reaches men through the universal language of beer to encourage them to take charge of their health. The group was founded by prostate cancer survivor and beer writer Rick Lyke in 2008. The grassroots effort raises awareness among men about the importance of regular men’s health screenings by making appearances at beer festivals, social networking and pro bono advertising. According to the National Cancer Institute, approximately 233,000 new prostate cancer cases are diagnosed annually in the U.S. More information is available at www.pintsforprostates.org. Pints for Prostates also has a presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@pints4prostates).
Denver Rare Beer Tasting IX Breweries Announced
Tickets for Pints for Prostates Awareness Event on Sale Father’s Day
DENVER, CO – More than 60 of America’s leading craft breweries have agreed to take part in the ninth annual Denver Rare Beer Tasting to raise funds for the Pints for Prostates campaign.
The prostate cancer awareness event will be held on Oct. 6 in Colorado during the same weekend as the Great American Beer Festival. The Denver Rare Beer Tasting IX features the chance to sample rare, exotic and vintage beers from 68 craft breweries and the opportunity to meet the men and women who made them.
“An amazing collection of American craft breweries are generously helping us to reach men through the universal language of beer by donating prized brews to pour at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting IX,” said Rick Lyke, founder of Pints for Prostates. “These brewers have joined the fight against prostate cancer for what has become an annual celebration of beer passion and brewing craftsmanship.”
Brewers who have committed to attend the event include:
- Against the Grain Brewery, Louisville, Kentucky*
- Alaskan Brewing, Juneau, Alaska
- The Alchemist, Waterbury, Vt.*
- AleSmith Brewing, San Diego, Calif.
- Avery Brewing, Boulder, Colo.
- Bells Brewing, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- Big Sky Brewing, Missoula, Mont.
- Black Project Spontaneous & Wild Ales, Denver, Colo.*
- The Brooklyn Brewery, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- The Bruery, Placentia, Calif.
- Cascade Brewing, Portland, Ore.
- Cerebral Brewing, Denver, Colo.*
- Coronado Brewing, Coronado, Calif.
- Crank Arm Brewery, Raleigh, N.C.*
- Crux Fermentation Project, Bend, Ore.
- Destihl Brewery, Normal, Ill.*
- Dry Dock Brewing, Aurora, Colo.*
- Firestone Walker Brewing, Paso Robles, Calif.
- Forager Brewing, Rochester, Minn.*
- Fremont Brewing, Seattle, Wash.
- Full Sail Brewing, Hood River, Ore.
- Fullsteam Brewery, Durham, N.C.
- Funky Buddha Brewing, Oakland Park, Fla.
- Grand Basin Brewery, Sparks, Nev.*
- Grand Teton Brewing, Victor, Idaho
- Great Divide Brewing Co., Denver, Colo.
- Grimm Brothers Brewing, Loveland, Colo.
- Hardywood Park Craft Brewery, Richmond, Va.
- Haw River Farmhouse Ales, Saxapahaw, N.C.
- Intrepid Sojourner Beer Project, Denver, Colo.*
- Jester King Craft Brewery, Austin, Texas
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, Dexter, Mich.
- Joyride Brewing, Edgewater, Colo.*
- Kane Brewing, Ocean, N.J.*
- Lakewood Brewing, Garland, Texas*
- Libertine Brewing, San Luis Obispo, Calif.*
- The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, Calif.
- The Lost Borough, Rochester, N.Y*
- Matt Brewing, Utica, N.Y.
- Maui Brewing, Lahaina, Hawaii
- Mikkeller Brewing SD, San Diego, Calif.*
- New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo.
- New Holland Brewing, Holland, Mich.
- NoDa Brewing, Charlotte, N.C.
- Ozark Beer Co., Rogers, Arkansas*
- Pappy Slokum Brewing, Abilene, Texas*
- Perennial Artisan Ales, St. Louis, Mo.
- Perry Street Brewing, Spokane, Wash.*
- Prison City Pub & Brewery, Auburn, N.Y.*
- Rhinegeist Brewery, Cincinnati, Ohio*
- River North Brewery, Denver, Colo.
- Rogue Ales, Newport, Ore.
- Rowley Farmhouse Ales, Santa Fe, N.M.*
- Samuel Adams Brewery, Boston, Mass.
- Scratch Brewing, Ava, Ill.*
- Side Project Cellar, Maplewood, Mo.*
- Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, Calif.
- Spangalang Brewing, Denver, Colo.
- Stone Brewing, Escondido, Calif.
- Sun King Brewing, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Thirsty Dog Brewing, Akron, Ohio
- Three Floyds Brewing, Munster, Ind.
- Uberbrew, Billings, Mont.*
- Uinta Brewing, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Unknown Brewing, Charlotte, N.C.*
- Verboten Brewing and Barrel Project, Loveland, Colo.
- WeldWerks Brewing, Greeley, Colo.
- Yazoo Brewing, Nashville, Tenn.
(* Indicates first appearance at Denver Rare Beer Tasting.)
Breweries bring some of their rarest brews to the annual tasting. The beer list for the Denver Rare Beer Tasting IX will be released prior to the event. Twenty-six breweries will be pouring beer at the event for the first time, while eight breweries have participated in all eight previous Denver Rare Beer Tastings. Breweries representing 28 states are on the list.
In addition to the beer and silent auction donations made by participating breweries, the Denver Rare Beer Tasting IX is being sponsored in part by Cargill Craft Malt and DRAFT Magazine, with logistical support from MicroStar. Additional sponsorship packages are available for companies that wish to take part in this boutique tasting.
Tickets for the event go on sale on June 18 at 10 a.m. (MT) via ETIX.com. VIP tickets are $165 and include early admission starting at Noon. General Admission tickets are $115 for the 1-4 p.m. tasting. Each attendee receives a commemorative tasting glass, t-shirt, program and pen. A special beer centric lunch created by Jensen Cummings of Brewed Food is included in the ticket price and guests will have the chance to bid in an exciting silent auction that includes a variety of unique beer experiences and collectibles. During the event, attendees can also participate in the Brewers Health Initiative, a free men’s health screening.
The first eight Denver Rare Beer Tastings sold out several weeks in advance. The event will be held this year on two floors of the McNichols Civic Center Building at 144 W. Colfax Ave.
All Denver Rare Beer Tasting ticket holders will be entered into a drawing for a five night Carolinas on My Mind Beer Adventure for two to Charlotte and Asheville, N.C., and Greenville, S.C. VIP ticket holders will receive three raffle tickets and general admission ticket holders will receive one ticket. Anyone wearing a Pints for Prostates t-shirt or hat to the event will receive another free entry for the drawing. Additional tickets will be available for a donation. The winner will be drawn during the event from tickets collected exclusively at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting. The winner and a guest will travel to North and Soputh Carolina in October 2018 on a trip that includes roundtrip airfare from the continental U.S., 5 nights hotel, ground transportation, brewery tours, pub crawls, beer lunches and beer dinners.
“The Denver Rare Beer Tasting is a celebration of beer passion with a serious mission: raising awareness about prostate cancer. Beer fans get to taste a collection of beers that few people have the opportunity to enjoy, while rubbing elbows with some of the world’s most talented brewers,” said Lyke. “It is a fun afternoon and a great atmosphere. And 100 percent of the proceeds go to help men’s health.”
Pints for Prostates is a 501(c)3 non-profit charity and all net proceeds from Denver Rare Beer Tasting go towards the group’s awareness mission and help to fund the education and support programs of the Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network, and free prostates cancer screening programs provided by the Prostate Conditions Education Council.
About Pints for Prostates
Pints for Prostates reaches men through the universal language of beer to encourage them to take charge of their health. The group was founded by prostate cancer survivor and beer writer Rick Lyke in 2008. The grassroots effort raises awareness among men about the importance of regular men’s health screenings by making appearances at beer festivals, social networking and pro bono advertising. According to the National Cancer Institute, approximately 161,000 new prostate cancer cases will be diagnosed in 2017 in the U.S. More information is available at www.pintsforprostates.org. Pints for Prostates also has a presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@pints4prostates).
# ## #