Pints for Prostates European Beer Tour Scheduled for Sept. 21 to Oct. 1, 2016
BeerTrips.com Itinerary Features Prague, Eck, Bamberg and Munich Oktoberfest
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – BeerTrips.com has put together a special beer tour of Germany and the Czech Republic to benefit Pints for Prostates. The guided beer adventure will take place from Sept. 21 to Oct.1, 2016.
The nine night trip includes stops in Prague, Eck, Bamberg and Munich for Oktoberfest. The trip includes beer tastings, escorted beer hall crawls, guided city walks, brewery tours, special beer and food pairing meals, and more.
BeerTrips.com is offering this special Pints for Prostates group tour to Europe to the public on a limited basis at $2,995 (+ air) based on double occupancy ($635 single room supplement). A preliminary trip itinerary and details on other BeerTrips.com tours are available at http://beertrips.com/trips/oktoberfest.htm.
“This will be the sixth time we have teamed up with BeerTrips.com for a special Pints for Prostates trip. This tour stops in some great beer cities, plus travelers get the chance to experience Oktoberfest in Munich,” said Lyke. “The partnership between Pints for Prostates and BeerTrips.com has helped us raise funds and spread the word to men about the importance of regular prostate health screenings and early detection.”
“This itinerary is one of the most popular that BeerTrips.com offers,” said Mike Saxton, founder of BeerTrips.com. “We offer small groups an intimate experience with the chance for insider tours of some of the most famous breweries in the world. If you love beer and love to travel, this trip gives you a chance to experience some truly special slices of European beer culture.”
As part of the BeerTrips.com partnership, Pints for Prostates will raffle a trip for two for the special tour. For a $10 donation for a single ticket, $25 donation for three tickets or $50 for seven tickets, donors will be entered to win the trip that includes:
- The BeerTrips.com trip for two Sept. 21to Oct. 1, 2015
• Roundtrip Airfare for Two from the Continental United States
• Nine Nights in Fine Centrally Located Hotels
• Brewery Tours
• Escorted Beer Hall Crawls
• Guided City Tours
• Breakfasts Daily/4 Beer Dinners and 3 Beer Lunches
• Train and Private Coach Transportation
The total value of the trip for two is estimated at $8,500. The drawing will be held on July 31, 2016. The prize is non-transferable. No cash substitute will be offered. The winner and their guest are responsible for obtaining passports and all trip related costs not outlined above. You must be 21 years old to enter.
Beer Trips.com was founded in 1998 to offer serious beer people the opportunity to travel to the world’s best beer destinations with other people who love great beer. Beer and travel, travel and beer — these are two of our favorite things. Both, in our estimation, are worth a fair amount of life’s energy. Our goal, and our very reason for existing, is to take our travelers the best beer destinations, drink, taste and enjoy the best beers, meet the beer-loving people of the countries we visit, and explore the history, culture, art and architecture of the interesting places where beer “grew up”. To do this we stay in nice, well-located hotels, eat at great restaurants that emphasize beer in their fare, and visit breweries, brew pubs, cafes, and museums that enhance our understanding and appreciation of beer and its rich history and culture.
About Pints for Prostates
Pints for Prostates reaches men through the universal language of beer to encourage them to take charge of their health. The group was founded by prostate cancer survivor and beer writer Rick Lyke in 2008. The grassroots effort raises awareness among men about the importance of regular men’s health screenings by making appearances at beer festivals, social networking and pro bono advertising. According to the National Cancer Institute, approximately 240,000 new prostate cancer cases are diagnosed annually in the U.S. More information is available at www.pintsforprostates.org. Pints for Prostates also has a presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@pints4prostates).
Denver Rare Beer Tasting VIII Breweries Announced
Tickets for Pints for Prostates Awareness Event on Sale Father’s Day
DENVER, CO – The list of 54 craft brewers committed to serve beer at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting VIII has been released by Pints for Prostates.
The prostate cancer awareness event will be held on Oct. 7 in Colorado during the same weekend as the Great American Beer Festival. The Denver Rare Beer Tasting VIII features the chance to sample rare, exotic and vintage beers from 54 of America’s top craft breweries and the opportunity to meet the men and women who made them.
“A top collection of American craft breweries have generously agreed to reach deep into their beer cellars for prized brews to pour at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting VIII,” said Rick Lyke, founder of Pints for Prostates. “By helping us reach men through the universal language of beer, these brewers have joined the fight against prostate cancer.”
Brewers who have committed to attend the event include:
- Adelbert’s Brewing, Austin, Texas*
- Alaskan Brewing, Juneau, Alaska
- Allagash Brewing, Portland, Maine
- Avery Brewing, Boulder, Colo.
- Bayou Teche Brewing, Arnaudville, La.*
- Bells Brewing, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- Big Sky Brewing, Missoula, Mont.
- Boggy Draw Brewery, Sheridan, Colo.*
- Boston Beer, Boston, Mass.
- The Brooklyn Brewery, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Call to Arms Brewery, Denver, Colo.*
- Cascade Brewing, Portland, Ore.
- Casey Brewing & Blending, Glenwood Springs, Colo.
- Central Waters Brewing, Amherst, Wisc.
- Cigar City Brewing, Tampa, Fla.
- Coronado Brewing, Coronado, Calif. *
- Deschutes Brewery, Bend, Ore.
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, Del.
- Ecliptic Brewing, Portland, Ore.
- Elevation Beer Company, Poncha Springs, Colo.
- Empire Brewing, Cazenovia, N.Y.*
- Fonta Flora Brewery, Morganton, N.C.*
- Foothills Brewing, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Fort Collins Brewery, Fort Collins, Colo.
- Fremont Brewing, Seattle, Wash.
- Funky Buddha Brewing, Oakland Park, Fla.
- Gigantic Brewing, Portland, Ore.*
- Great Divide Brewing, Denver, Colo.
- Haw River Farmhouse Ales, Saxapahaw, N.C.*
- Holy City Brewing, Charleston, S.C.
- Hoppin’ Frog Brewing, Akron, Ohio
- Jester King Craft Brewery, Austin, Texas
- Laughing Dog Brewing, Ponderay, Idaho
- Lawson’s Finest Liquids, Warren, Vt.*
- The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, Calif.
- MKE Brewing, Milwaukee, Wisc.*
- Nebraska Brewing, Papillion, Neb.
- New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo.
- NoDa Brewing, Charlotte, N.C.
- NXNW Restaurant and Brewery, Austin, Texas
- Odyssey Beerwerks, Arvada, Colo.*
- Prairie Artisan Ales, Tulsa, Okl.
- Pyramid Breweries, Seattle, Wash.*
- River North Brewery, Denver, Colo.
- Rogue Ales, Newport, Ore.
- Russian River Brewing, Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Saint Arnold Brewing, Houston, Texas*
- Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, Calif.
- Stone Brewing, Escondido, Calif.
- Surly Brewing, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Two Roads Brewing, Strafford, Conn.*
- WeldWerks Brewing, Greeley, Colo.*
- Weyerbacher Brewing, Easton, Pa.
- Yazoo Brewing, Nashville, Tenn.
(* Indicates first appearance at Denver Rare Beer Tasting.)
Breweries bring some of their rarest brews to the annual tasting. The beer list for the Denver Rare Beer Tasting VIII will be released prior to the event. A list of beers served during the first seven years is available on the Pints for Prostates website. Sixteen breweries will be pouring beer at the event for the first time, while nine breweries have participated in all of the Denver Rare Beer Tastings. Breweries representing 26 states are on the list.
In addition to the beer and silent auction donations made by participating breweries, the Denver Rare Beer Tasting VIII is being sponsored in part by DRAFT Magazine, with logistical support from MicroStar. Additional sponsorship packages are available for companies that wish to take part in this boutique tasting.
Tickets for the event go on sale on June 19 at 10 a.m. VIP tickets are $165 and include early admission starting at Noon. General admission tickets are $115 for the 1-4 p.m.tasting. Each attendee receives a commemorative tasting glass, t-shirt, program and pen. A buffet lunch is included in the ticket price and guests will have the chance to bid in an exciting silent auction that includes a variety of unique beer experiences and collectibles. During the event, attendees can also participate in the Brewers Health Initiative, a free men’s health screening.
The first seven Denver Rare Beer Tastings sold out several weeks in advance. The event will be held this year on two floors of the McNichols Civic Center Building at 144 W. Colfax Ave.
All Denver Rare Beer Tasting ticket holders will be entered into a drawing for a 9-night BeerTrips.com organized tour for two to England. VIP ticket holders will receive three raffle tickets and general admission ticket holders will receive one ticket. Anyone wearing a Pints for Prostates t-shirt or hat to the event will receive another free entry for the drawing. Additional tickets will be available for a donation. The winner will be drawn during the event from tickets collected exclusively at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting. The winner and a guest will travel to England in August 2017 on a trip that includes roundtrip airfare from the continental U.S., 9 nights hotel, ground transportation, brewery tours, pub crawls, guided city tours, 9 breakfasts, 4 beer lunches and 4 beer dinners.
“The Denver Rare Beer Tasting is a celebration of beer passion. Beer fans get to taste a collection of beers that few people have the opportunity to enjoy, while rubbing elbows with some of the world’s most talented brewers,” said Lyke. “It is a fun afternoon and a great atmosphere, with a serious mission: raising awareness about prostate cancer.”
Pints for Prostates is a 501(c)3 non-profit charity and all net proceeds from Denver Rare Beer Tasting go towards the group’s awareness mission and help to fund the education and support programs of the Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network, and free prostates cancer screening programs provided by the Prostate Conditions Education Council.
About Pints for Prostates
Pints for Prostates reaches men through the universal language of beer to encourage them to take charge of their health. The group was founded by prostate cancer survivor and beer writer Rick Lyke in 2008. The grassroots effort raises awareness among men about the importance of regular men’s health screenings by making appearances at beer festivals, social networking and pro bono advertising. According to the National Cancer Institute, approximately 233,000 new prostate cancer cases are diagnosed annually in the U.S. More information is available at www.pintsforprostates.org. Pints for Prostates also has a presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@pints4prostates).